- It's not an easy task to find reasons for a KPI change in a certain period -- neither popular data visualization tools nor search engines are note capable to do this simple thing which is obviously needed in the business world.
- Knowledge of influencing factors behind KPI trends is spread across emails, documents, IM messages (this makes p.1 even less easy).
- As majority of influencing factors are rather qualitative than quantitative, so they remain out of decision-support systems (hmm... why are they called decision-support systems in this case?).
Some of its features:
- Trend charts, which can automatically update data set with new data every day from various data sources -- CSV files, stock market data, currency exchange rates or web-services like Google Analytics
- Users can create/read comments for selected data regions. In order to find comments related to a certain time period users should simply select a rectangular area on a chart
- Charts can be embedded into 3rd party web-pages as interactive widgets